Detoxification of drug stands for explaining the various interventions in a case where the dependence on a drug is physical, the experience of withdrawal symptoms along with the various levels of treatments for a drug overdose.
Steps of drug detoxification
Evaluation, stabilization and guiding the patients to treatment are the three major steps of drug detox as suggested by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
‘Evaluation’ involves identifying the depth of the addiction. Their mental and behavioural issues are observed and accordingly, treatments were suggested and then initiated. ‘Stabilization’ explains patient’s behaviours towards the treatment they are undergoing and the rate by which recovering is going on. Making the patient know their present situation and make them ready for the actual recovery process comes under the step ‘guiding the patient into treatment’.
Since the eradication of the addiction is not possible all alone several drug detox centres are created for the help.
Drug detox centres
Whenever you feel like that you are losing control over yourself, do check that habit on time especially if it is dangerous for your health like drug addiction. Since addiction always hurts.
There are many impatient drug treatment centres for those who find it impossible to control this deadly addiction. They come out with numerous ways to help you out from your addictions. For making you a better version of yourself with complete eradication of drug addiction, drug treatment centres are there for you.
Why drug detox centres are needed
When a person suddenly leaves drug several symptoms come to play which makes them more impatient. Complete surveillance is a must then. There are several withdrawal symptoms which are witnessed. These symptoms vary from one person to another depending on the factors like-
- The time period of addiction
- The combination of drugs consumed
- Presence of any physical or mental disorders
Some common withdrawal symptoms involve-
- Irregular sleeping habits
- Frequent mood swings
- The appearance of several physical issues
- Craving for drug consumption
All these conditions lead to impatient behaviours. To control these completely, impatient drug treatment centres are a big help.
Lighthouse treatment centre
Lighthouse is one of the well-known drug detoxification centres for the inpatient drug adductors. Lighthouse helps you to heal. Like other centres, they also offer you with numerous recovery processes. Their speciality list includes-
- Medically assisted drug detox
- The master level treatment team
- High-class facilities
- Affordable charge and financing
- Accepts all type of insurances
Like all other inpatient drug treatment centers, the lighthouse’s medication-assisted detox involves-
- Nursing staff present throughout the day proving complete client coverage and complete safety and medication to the patients.
- Patients are kept under 24-hour psychiatrist evaluation.
- For keeping patient safety through the ‘withdrawal period’, comfort medication is provided.
- During medically assisted detoxification, the clinically administered taper is provided keeping in mind the comfort of the sufferer.
- Even post detoxification is intervened with optional medicines.
Moreover, the drug detoxification does not address the social and other surrounding factors that led the person becoming an addict. This can lead to further involvement of the patient to drugs even after complete eradication in case the person is again exposed to such conditions.
So in the way of complete drug eradicated society, we need to change our thinking. Our negative attitude towards them can make the situation get worse.